Company Name: Scholastic Corporation
Scholastic is an education and book publishing company. A few notable facts regarding Scholastic:
- Scholastic owns a large share of the children’s book market in the United States. Examples of brands include Clifford the Big Red Dog, The Magic School Bus and Goosebumps.
- The Scholastic Reading Club is in a large percentage of pre-K to grade 8 classrooms.
- Scholastic Book Fairs holds over 100,000 book fair in schools each year.
- The company provides numerous customized print and digital products to schools.
- The company’s international programs continue to grow as these same services are offered in countries around the world.
Ticker Symbol: SCHL (NASDAQ)
Company Website: www.scholastic.com
Headquarters: New York, NY