List of Energy ETFs Listed on U.S. Exchanges
Here are a few notes regarding these energy ETFs:
- These ETFs are either completely comprised of, or heavily weighted towards companies in the oil & gas industry. The segments of the industry that have the most representation are:
- Integrated Oil & Gas
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
- Oil & Gas Refining & Marketing
- The notable segment of the industry that is missing from most of these these ETFs is the oil & gas midstream segment. There are a large number of MLP ETFs that are comprised of these midstream companies that can be found in our MLP ETF section.
- Aside from the few ETFs that are based on equal weight indexes, many of these ETFs are weighted towards the top holdings. Some of the more common companies that are top holdings include Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Schlumberger, ConocoPhillips and Kinder Morgan.
- There are a few ETFs that specifically focus on oil & gas equipment service companies. Top holdings in these ETFs often include Schlumberger, Halliburton Co, National Oilwell Varco and Baker Hughes.
- Other energy related ETFs can be found in a couple of other sections that can be accessed through the links below.
Guggenheim S&P 500 Equal Weight Energy ETF (RYE) (Holdings are equally weighted)
Energy ETFs: Downstream
Energy ETFs: Midstrean
Energy ETFs: Oil & Gas Exploration and Production
Energy ETFs: Oil and Gas Service and Equipment ETFs
Energy ETFs: Unconventional Oil
Energy ETFs: Small Cap
Energy ETFs: Leveraged
Energy ETFs: Short