Publicly Traded Mortgage REITsU.S. Exchanges
List of Publicly Traded Mortgage REITs Listed on Major U.S. Exchanges
The companies on this list are real estate investment trusts (REITs) that invest in a wide range of mortgage related securities and debt instruments. In the investing world, these are referred to as Mortgage REITs. While the general mortgage investing theme is what ties all of these companies, there are a number of different debt instruments out there and often times the company will specialize, or primarily focus, on one or two of these instruments. Examples of the most common debt instruments include:
- Agency residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) (Backed by an agency of the U.S. government)
- Non-agency residential mortgage-backed securities
There are also a few other instruments that some of the REITs invest in which include:
- Asset-backed securities (ABS)
- Commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS)
- Excess Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSRs)
- Interest only strips created from RMBS (IOs).
- Mortgage servicing rights (MSRs)
- Residential mortgage loans
Additional publicly traded real estate companies, REITs and real estate categories can be accessed through the links below:
A comparison widget that shows trend, earnings per share (EPS), P/E ratio and beta for each of the companies on this list can be accessed through the link below.
Select the company’s link to access charts, news links and company website and social media information.
Mortgage REITs: Large-Cap Stocks
Mortgage REITs: Mid-Cap Stocks
Mortgage REITs: Small-Cap Stocks
Micro-Cap Mortgage REITs
Jernigan Capital (JCAP) (IPO in 2015)