Company Name: Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
Berkshire Hathaway is a holding company that owns a number of different subsidiaries engaged businesses in numerous industries. Examples of the company’s businesses and activities include:
- Insurance and Reinsurance: Geico, General Re, Berkshire Hathaway Reinsurance Group, Berkshire Hathaway Primary Group
- Railroads: Burlington Northern Santa Fe
- Utilities and Energy: MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company, PacifiCorp, NV Energy, mid-stream assets, utilities in Great Britain.
- Aviation training services
- Building Products
- Food: Dairy Queen, Orange Julius, Karmelkorn, See’s Candies, Pampered Chef
- Home Furnishing: Nebraska Furniture Mart, R.C. Willey Home Furnishings, Star Furniture Company and Jordan’s Furniture.
- Jewelry Stores: Borsheim Jewelry Company, Helzberg’s Diamond Shops, Ben Bridge Corporation
- Manufacturing Businesses
- Manufactured Housing: Clayton Homes
- News Services: Business Wire
- Residential real estate brokerage firms: HomeServices of America
- Retail: Oriental Trading Company
- Wholesale Distribution: McLane Company
Ticker Symbol: BRK.A, BRK.B (New York Stock Exchange)
Company Website: www.berkshirehathaway.com
Social Media: Warren Buffett’s Twitter
Headquarters: Omaha, Nebraska